Saturday, June 23, 2018

The last 8 years. (God that makes me feel old)

Since I last posted all those years ago I have continued hobbying and running campaigns. These campaigns were all interconected telling an unfolding story across a region of space I created called the Aeriana Sub-Sector in the years following 776 M41. I had a regular player group of 20 odd people. Over the course of events 2 eldar maiden worlds and a necron tomb world were destroyed amongst many memorable events. Rather than bore you with the details I thought it better to post up a few shots of the campaign maps.
We are what I would call 'Hardcore Casual Gamers' We play large campaigns and Apocalyse games. INdeed massive games are about the only times we really drill down and get serious. How serious? As warmaster for team chaos in one apocalyse game I created the below map. On it is mapped how quickly both sides can reinforce their front lines and overlayed on that a detailed fire control map. I don't have a problem...
Which leads me to my latest outlandish creation and the reason I restarted this blog. Mass combat for warhammer. For a long time I have dreamed of fighting a full scale game of warhammer akin to historical wargamers who refight major battles like Waterloo. Which is why I created this hot mess.
Thats not a campaign map that is the battlefield meassured out in 2'x2' board tiles. Its equivelant to the area of Kosovo or Kuwait. And over it will be fought a desperate battle from the Horus Heresy. (or at least our version of it. We drew sides out of a hat so now Perturabo is the Sentinel of Terra and Sanguinius is the Warmaster) Be ready for more info about this game in future!

No comments:

Post a Comment